FrontdeskAI helps local businesses acquire and retain customers through AI-powered support, sales, and marketing. Tight staffing and nascent web and mobile presence result in opportunities lost due to missing calls, insufficient customer outreach, and slow responses to customer requests. Additional staff, call centers, mobile apps, and traditional chatbots are often expensive and ineffective; they take time to develop and adopt and deliver restrictive user experiences. FrontdeskAI’s solution is a change in paradigm which delivers a remarkably human-like virtual assistant on modalities consumers love (text, voice, and web chat) to automatically engage customers, answering questions about products and services, booking appointments, placing orders, etc. In the beauty, wellness, and fitness space, FrontdeskAI has already driven more than half a million customer interactions, enabling businesses to substantially increase revenue and save staff time, while simultaneously delivering world-class customer experiences.
FrontdeskAI is changing the way small businesses interact with their clients and we are in need of a Back End Software Engineer to make our vision a reality. We’re looking for someone to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software and has the ability to manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- As a Back End Software Engineer, you will work on projects critical to FrontdeskAI’s needs, with opportunities to switch projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve.
- We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- FrontdeskAI is and always will be a technology company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users.
- B.E/B.Tech/MCA/M.Tech from a top-tier college
- 3-5 Years experience in a product development environment
- Strong Java programming skills, including design and integration of XML/JSON over HTTP/REST/SOAP based APIs
- Ability to interface via JDBC/ODBC to SQL based DB and independently write SQL statements required for various integration endpoints and business logic
- Good familiarity with Java collections, Apache Commons and similar third-party libraries and role/task specific frameworks
- Familiarity with NoSQL (Redis/MongoDB/Cassandra) and Message Queues (ActiveMQ/RabbitMQ)
- Comfortable working with Git/SVN and a good understanding of version control
- Knowledge of or experience with SOA/SaaS/Microservices based environments
- Ability to understand business requirements/workflows and come up with technical designs and implementations
- Experience working in fast-paced environments, handling diverse roles and responsibilities across the entire product
- Excellent analytical abilities and an interest and aptitude for debugging as well as learning across multiple roles and responsibilities
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Ability to prepare and document detailed business use cases, workflows, test cases and user guides
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
Nice to Have
- Exposure to Python and open-source machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow